Wednesday 21 December 2011

Life's Too Short


I must admit I warmed to Life's Too Short. It wobbled a little  but, in the end, its positives outweighed the negatives. OK a lot like Extras, how good the episode was relied a lot on the guest star. Liam Neeson saved the first show with an excellent cameo and Sting was very good in the series finale, can I call it that? I just have, so I'll stick with it. But Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter sank the episodes they were in. Plus in a Gervais/Merchant show you have to get used to most of the characters sounding like Ricky Gervais/David Brent. Once you have got over that, there was a lot to enjoy in Life's Too Short.


Warwick Davis was excellent, a mass of overblown ego and bumbling clown and he had a great look into camera, a la Oliver Hardy. If Warwick was Oliver Hardy then Rosamund Hanson, as Cheryl his secretary, was the Stan Laurel. The pair worked brilliantly together. This was shown best in the scene where they dump the washing machine. The whole sequence seemed to be put in just to highlight the duos comic excellence.

I didn't really get all the Les Dennis, Keith Chegwin stuff but with the pros beating the cons Life's Too Short was well worth watching and I hope there is a second series.

Over

No comments:

Post a Comment