Thursday 26 July 2012

Burn Notice - Jumping Sharks.


Burn Notice is now in its fifth season, yeah I know, and I long ago gave up trying to work out who exactly burnt Michael Weston, or why come to that. If truth be known, I don't really care. I'm sure there are fans out there who can tell you who is who and who is linked to who, but yet again, I don't really care. Burn Notice has always been a kind of A Team where people actually get shot; all the spy malarkey is just a mild irritant. The real fun,of the show, is the interplay between Michael, Sam, Fee, Madeline,  and, more recently, Jessie. Oh, and Michael's mad accents from cockney to Irish and this week's magnificent Russian, they have never failed to be a great source of humour. You always think someone is going to say, " What sort of accent is that?...  Shoot him! " 

Plus let's not forget those great spy tips we get every show, although I thought the fan with a gun attached to it, in the opening episode, was a little, I'm tempted to say, jumping the shark, but this is Burn Notice and Burn Notice has jumped more sharks than Evel Knievel jumped buses. But it is  fun, just about, and there are lots of explosions, it moves at a fair old pace, and the cast  still seem suitably enthused. The thing is, will the show settle into its  comfortable Robin Hood mode or go off on its Bourne lite shenanigans?  We'll just have to keep watching, I suppose. Until then, don't forget to keep writing down those spy tips, you never know when they might come in handy.

Over   

No comments:

Post a Comment