Sunday 13 February 2011

Bedlam - Sky Living.

For some mad and unfathomable reason I thought I was going to like Living's new, homegrown supernatural, drama Bedlam. The trailer looked spooky and vaguely nasty, so I sat down with a deluded sense of expectation. Only for my hopes to be dashed within the first five minutes. The enigmatic opening on a dark deserted road didn't bode well. The 'seen it all before' feeling started to niggle me. Then we were transported to Bedlam Heights. A new housing development being built on the site of an abandoned mental asylum. Who names their development Bedlam Heights? You don't need Sarah Beeney to tell you that's a non starter. Well, before you knew what was happening, lights were failing, ghosts were at the window, green slime was in the sink, and my finger was on the delete button. The dialogue was quite flat and there seemed a total lack of humour. Oh for a swift Joss Weedon polish. And the acting made Crossroads look like the West Wing. So before the first break I had departed Bedlam. Who knows I might have missed something. But, if I have, I'll pick up the box set in Poundland in about a year.
Over.

Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoth-god/3680658023

No comments:

Post a Comment