Monday 19 September 2011

The Armchair Assassin Emmys.

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

Jim Parsons - The Big Bang Theory - WINNER!

Matt LeBlanc - Episodes

Steve Carell - The Office

Alec Baldwin - 30 Rock

Johnny Galecki - The Big Bang Theory

Louis C.K. - Louie

I really liked Mat LeBlanc in Episodes but Jim Parsons is consistently good in the Big Bang theory and there really is no other outstanding candidate in this category so I’m ok with this outcome.

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Steve Buscemi - Boardwalk Empire

Michael C Hall - Dexter

Kyle Chandler - Friday Night Lights - WINNER!

Jon Hamm - Mad Men

Hugh Laurie - House

Timothy Olyphant - Justified

What with Bryan Cranston not being nominated this year, it should have gives previous Emmy should be winners a chance to get their hands on the award. Someone like Jon Hamm for example! Not happy with this at all. I would have put Jon Hamm, Michael C Hall and Timothy Olyphant before Kyle Chandler. Controversial choice for me.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

Laura Linney - The Big C

Edie Falco - Nurse Jackie

Amy Poehler - Parks and Recreation

Melissa McCarthy - Mike & Molly - WINNER!

Martha Plimpton - Raising Hope

Tina Fey - 30 Rock

I’ve never seen Mike and Molly but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it and Melissa McCarthy so no complaints here really. Although if I had to pick my winner it would be Edie Falco.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Elisabeth Moss - Mad Men

Connie Britton - Friday Night Lights

Mariska Hargitay - Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Mireille Enos - The Killing

Julianna Margulies - The Good Wife - WINNER!

Kathy Bates - Harry's Law

I’m going to sound like an amateur here but I’ve never seen The Good Wife either. My vote would have gone for Mireille Enos for The Killing. I thought she played the part of Sarah Linden brilliantly!

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Jon Cryer - Two and a Half Men

Chris Colfer - Glee

Jesse Tyler Ferguson - Modern Family

Ed O'Neill - Modern Family

Eric Stonestreet - Modern Family

Ty Burrell - Modern Family - WINNER!

I love Ty Burrell in Modern Family so no complaints here, but I also love Ed O’Neill so I would have loved to have seen him get it.

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

John Slattery - Mad Men

Andre Braugher - Men of a Certain Age

Walton Goggins - Justified

Peter Dinklage - Game of Thrones - WINNER!

Josh Charles - The Good Wife

Alan Cumming - The Good Wife

I would have liked to see
either John Slattery or Walton Goggins pick up this award, but from what I hear from my co blogger Games of Thrones was outstanding and it deserved some recognition so I’m ok with this.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Jane Lynch - Glee

Betty White - Hot In Cleveland

Julie Bowen - Modern Family - WINNER!

Kristen Wiig - Saturday Night Live

Jane Krakowski - 30 Rock

Sofia Vergara - Modern Family

Once again I love Modern family so I would have been ok with either of the women winning this. However if Jane Lynch had been in Glee more she would have been a shoe in for this. In fact even though she played a smaller part in season 2 I still think she deserved the Emmy.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Kelly Macdonald - Boardwalk Empire

Christina Hendricks - Mad Men

Michelle Forbes - The Killing

Archie Panjabi - The Good Wife

Margo Martindale - Justified - WINNER!

Christine Baranski - The Good Wife

No one else other then Margo Martindale deserved to win this. She was outstanding in Justified. If you had to pick and outstanding performance from anyone on TV overall last season it would be to Margo Martindale!

Outstanding Comedy Series

Glee (Fox)

Parks and Recreation (NBC)

The Office (NBC)

Modern Family (ABC) - WINNER!

30 Rock (NBC)

The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

Once again this was between Glee and Modern Family for me and seeing as it was a harsh night for Glee I would have liked to have seen them get it but I’m happy for Modern Family.

Outstanding Drama Series

Boardwalk Empire (HBO)

The Good Wife (CBS)

Mad Men (AMC) - WINNER!

Friday Night Lights (DirecTV)

Game of Thrones (HBO)

Dexter (Showtime)

So pleased for Mad Men, they really deserve this. Season 4 was outstanding as usual and I can’t wait for season 5. This makes up for the individuals not winning their awards. Happy happy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment