Thursday 2 February 2012

Spartacus Vengeance.


I started to panic during the first five minutes of Spartacus Vengeance when both Dane and Dan from Neighbours turned up. 'Oh no' I thought, 'Please don't make this a Home and Away and Neighbours fest'. That is what ruined Underbelly for me. If you'll remember, that show was jam packed with them,  episode after episode and, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't accept bumbling David Bishop as a hardened gangster. 

Where was I? Oh yeah, Spartacus. Well I needn't have worried we were soon thrown into the madness of the show. New Spartacus Liam McIntyre is going to take some getting used to. I miss the intensity that Andy Whitfield brought to the role. Suddenly Spartacus  doesn't seem such an even match up against Crixus. Also we have the massive John Hannah shaped hole in the show. It's a little unnerving, an entire episode going by and no yell of 'Jupiter's cock!'. But the villains we have now are more than good enough, the craven snide Glaber and the bad to the bone Ilithyia. Also it was a great idea to have Lucretia survive as some mad Shakespearean type lunatic.

It is early days and things look promising. Those of us who have stayed the course have long taken the gore and nudity as part of the show and it is the characters, and story, we care about now. So I'm looking forward to  seeing who lives and dies. As we all know this is a series that kills off major characters on a regular basis. So buckle up, I think we are in for a bumpy ride.

Over

No comments:

Post a Comment