Thursday 1 March 2012

Justified Season 3. Hang Your Heads Channel 5!

Oh God. It's happening again. I didn't think such a disaster could happen twice in my lifetime but it seems that it is. I struggled to control my anger and the rage the last time it happened. I don't know how I am going to cope again. I suppose I better break the news to you, go get a cup of tea, sit down and I'll tell you all about it... 


So after two amazing, mind blowing, incredible seasons a US import has failed to be picked up by a UK broadcaster. Not shocking news is it? Happens all the time you might think, only this time it's not just any US import... it's Justified


I know madness isn't it! Seasons 1 & 2 were previously shown on Channel 5 but from what I have heard on the grapevine it seems their deal has run out out and season 3 hasn't been picked up. Some say they may possibly still pick it up but at the moment they don't have it! I've emailed them asking for confirmation but I've had no reply. FX say they have no plans to pick it up and I'm not even going to bother asking Sky Atlantic. If they won't pick up Breaking Bad there's no way they're gonna show Justified!


It was bad enough when no one wanted Breaking Bad, despite the fact it is quite possibly, one of the best TV shows ever made. But Justified, albeit not as good as BB, stars Timothy Olyphant! Timothy Olyphant for goodness sake! If he was in a show that was simply him reading the phone book I'd commission it! He's brilliant in everything he is in!


I don't get it?! I just don't get it?! What is it that makes a producer at channel 5 think that Big Body Squad will be a better show then Justified! The sad thing is it's probably because Big Body Squad gets more viewers. What is this world coming too!? 


And it's not like Justified is poor. It's bloody amazing. It has good acting, good story lines, humour, violence, drama. Pretty much everything you need to make a good show. It's a bloody sight better then CSI New York and NCIS that much I do know (More 5USA imports) 


So once again we lose another great show and the likes of Hawaii 5.0 and Body of Proof are still on the air. Bravo Channel 5 Bravo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment