Monday 14 May 2012

The Vampire Diaries - Losing its Mojo?


I never thought I'd ever say this, but I think The Vampire Diaries is starting to drag, and for a show that relies on pace that's a serious problem. Well, pace and a trio of charismatic central performances. 

The main trouble, I think, is this whole Originals story line, we are now into the second season of all this tosh and boy is it bogging the show down. The Diaries, (is that how its known?) should take a leaf out of the Buffy book and get the Big Bad out of the way in a season. The joy of the Diaries, (there I've used it again) was that it always moved so quickly you could jump over the plot holes without knowing they were even there, unlike True Blood where you fell in them and couldn't get out. But now bogged down with the Originals we're sinking into the mire. Next the show will be thinking it is better than it is and trying to pass it self off as adult television like, yes you guessed it, the aforementioned True Blood. 

I don't know what's planned for season four, not being a Diaries geek, just a viewer, but I firmly hope we'll have ditched the Originals so a fresh, new threat can descend on Mystic Falls. 

Come on, Vampire Diaries get your mojo back, we really don't need two dour, poe faced, hard to watch  vampire shows clogging up our planners. 

Over

No comments:

Post a Comment