Sunday 19 August 2012

BBC 'Comedy' In With the Flynns


I think I have stumbled upon the most easily pleased group of people on the planet, and yes I am including the fans of Michael McIntryre. In fact, I'd wager a lot of this bunch are McIntyre cross-overs. The motley crew I am referring to is the studio audience of BBC One's comedy (there aren't inverted commas strong enough to put around that word) In With the Flynns.

Now, you must believe me here, I wasn't actually watching In With the Flynns, I was just channel surfing (no please it's true)
when there it was. It's not like I was unlucky and stumbled on to a weak joke, because the show is as packed with weak jokes as a telephone box with half a dozen elephants in it. 

So there is Will Mellor, as dad Flynn, and he delivers this line that really should be accompanied by the sound of crickets and a bit of tumbleweed rolling through, instead it is greeted with a wave of guffaws, as the next dire joke is given an even more rapturous reception, I started to think 'who are these people and why are they finding this so funny?' It did cross my mind that it might be a laugh track, but surely a bit more restraint would be used; keeping the poor jokes to a light chortle, every now and then, not bladder evacuating joy. I watched on, stony faced, for about five minutes, while this easily pleased herd of loons split their sides. I'll bet there wasn't a dry seat in the house. But, I wondered how are they going to get that many people, of a similar disposition, to fill the entire series. But then it came to me, I'll bet they do it all in one go, lock the doors and knock out all, what six episodes, with the same audience. Only stopping to administer medical attention to those who look like they are going to die laughing. 

I hope the BBC have booked them all for the next series, because people like that are hard to find, especially when Michael McIntyre is touring.

Over   

No comments:

Post a Comment