Tuesday 9 July 2013

Stars In Their Face Sounds Familiar.


I tried to watch ITV's new Saturday night show Stars in Their-err no sorry, You're Face Sounds Familiar, I really did. But I got about twenty minutes in and I physically could not take anymore. This programme could revolutionise world torture methods, forget water-boarding, just put this on and hear the screams for mercy. 

Hosted and I use the term very loosely, by Paddy McGuiness, who tries too hard, and Alisha Dixon,who doesn't try at all; You're Face Sounds Familiar (What genius thought of that title?) is basically a bunch of celebs dressing up as pop stars and singing poorly. At least with Stars In Their Eyes you got to enjoy saddo members of the public living out their fantasy and, to them at least, it meant something. 

First up was some C list bloke dressed up as Taylor Swift, I thought that was uncomfortable viewing, then came Cheryl Fergison as Anastacia and that was my lot. She wandered out and mumbled; her face didn't sound familiar, it sounded like  a drunk at a karaoke machine. I couldn't stand the prospect of Alexander Armstrong as Johnny Rotten, I might never watch Pointless again, or worse than that Bobby Davro as Mick Jagger. Watching the whole show is probably as painful as having a rectal examination by Freddy Krueger, in fact I think I know which one I'd prefer. 

If you thought the ITV couldn't out Splash Splash, then tune in on Saturday night and see them do it in style.
Over

No comments:

Post a Comment