Tuesday 18 November 2014

The Ads Are Driving Me Mad: A Ranting Ronnie Rant

How many more times must we listen to Word Up with that geezer riding the elephant?   I used to like that song, me and the wife danced to it at our wedding. But, for some reason, it just seems to be a tune that doesn't stand up a million plays. And don't get me started on that bloke singing A Horse With No Name in that car. He can't be that annoying on purpose, can he?
 And now Christmas is coming we have all the Supermarket ads. I notice that Aldi and Lidl adverts don't feature their shops. They may be cheap, but wisely they don't show the experience of going into those 1970's type barns. I mean, with more food on the floor than on the shelves, torn cartons everywhere like a tornado has just gone through, and herds of names you think you recognise until you get a little closer. So the ads don't have those 'Wow this comes from Lidl' people when they first decide to try it out and run screaming back to Asda.   But we can all rest easy now Peter Andre has discovered Iceland. As he walks through the shops in some kind of religious rapture because he's found oven chips for a quid. His 60 Minute Make Over show can't pay that well.
And all the perfume and aftershave adverts have  raised their perfectly groomed heads to cheer us up. I just love that pretentious ponce who says 'I'm not going to be the man they expect me to be anymore,' and storms out of that tent thing. Are we supposed to think, 'yeah I wanna be that pretentious I need to smell like him'? I don't have to worry, on that score, because the wife always gets me a gift pack of Denim every year. Talc, aftershave and deodourant, the triple threat as I like to call it.
Ranting Ronnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment