Tuesday 27 March 2012

Dancing on Ice. Guest Blogger - Ernie Wellthorpe.

I think you will all agree this years Dancing On Ice has been the best since that bloke who used to be in Emmerdale beat that woman who used to be in Hollyoaks. And it has certainly been the most blood soaked since that David Seman nearly killed his dance partner on twenty seven separate occasions. Also what a great idea to introduce Louis Spence to the panel. Who amongst us will ever forget his bronze medal winning dance at the Lake Placid Olympics. I, for one, have never been able to listen to Anita Dobson's 'Anyone Can Fall in Love' without thinking of Louis' magnificent Lutz. But I'm still not sure who that bloke is at the other end of the panel.
 
Surely no one presents a show like the magnificently three piece suited Philip Schofield; so few people know how to dress properly on telly these days. I love the way he shouts, he makes sure us older viewers can hear everything without having to deal with our confounded remotes, bloody things, they say 'press the red button now' and your telly goes off. Also Holly Willoughby has been much better this series since she changed her hair and isn't constantly pregnant. Good on you girl, but I am a little confused as to why she keeps on with the Irish accent. As to the contestants, the standard has been stunning, to say the least. I'm sure we will be seeing some of them in our Olympic skating team this Summer. Go team GB! How lucky were we that the bloke who used to be in The Bill broke every bone in his body so Chico could take over. How he fits it in between his busy recording schedule I'll never know. But I am certainly looking forward to seeing Chico at Pontins again this Summer. He always put on a fantastic show.
 
I would like to thank the producers for giving us so much time between announcing who is going through to next weeks show; it allows me time to put the cat out and make a cup of tea and still be back for the announcement, thank you. My only gripe is the show doesn't last long enough, four hours, of a Sunday evening, just cannot accommodate all the talent on show. Come on ITV, give it the six hours it deserves. Plus I'm sure there was at least two ex Emmerdale actors who have not appeared this year, we need to see them all. But on the whole good job 5 out of 5!
 
Ernie Wellthorpe ( retired )

No comments:

Post a Comment